For this week’s 4PM Panic post I’m sharing an easy Cantaloupe Mozzarella Salad that you can throw together quickly and still impress your guests. It’s perfect for your next BBQ or picnic. I’ve been wrapping Mozzarella balls in prosciutto as an appetizer for years but I decided to see if it would make a good salad.
I’ve seen it several places. Martha Stewart , Foodie Crush (where I found the beautiful inspiration for my plateing.) and theKitchn. They’re all very different but this is the way I like it best. The combination of mint and basil with the sweetness of the fruit and honey make this super refreshing.
We even added Pasta to the left overs to enjoy the next day and that was fantastic. Start here and make it your own. If you try it, let me know. Tag us on Instagram or Facebook.
Cantaloupe Mozzarella Salad
- 1 cantaloupe, halved and seeded
- 1 8-ounce container pearl sized mozzarella balls
- 8-10 slices prosciutto, shredded into large pieces
- ¼ cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Use a melon baller to scoop balls from the cantaloupe halves and add to a large bowl. Add the mozzarella balls and the torn prosciutto.
- Sprinkle with the basil and mint leaves.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, honey and white balsamic vinegar together and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle over the cantaloupe and toss to coat.
- Season with more salt and pepper and additional herbs to taste.