These mini frittatas are so simple to make, and perfect for feeding a holiday crowd at breakfast.
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 6 large eggs
- ⅓ cup 2% milk (or 1/3 cup unsweetened almond/flax/soy/rice milk)
- ½ cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Place spinach in a steamer set over boiling water, cover, and steam until just wilted, about 1 minute. Remove and pat dry with a paper towel to remove some of the excess moisture.
- Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan set over medium heat. When pan and oil are hot, add the diced onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a separate bowl and add the wilted spinach and diced apple. Stir well and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Gruyere, salt, and pepper. Divide the spinach, onion, and apple mixture evenly among the muffin tins, and use a ladle to spoon the egg mixture over top, filling about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until eggs have set and edges begin to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from tins and serving.