Summer is right around the corner and with it comes BBQs, outdoor dining and neighborhood gatherings. There’s something about warmer days that screams for light, refreshing, and fruity. We put away the sweaters and dark beer and start to transition to sunny days and an abundance of color.
Be ready for any occasion with a few simple ingredients that will make an instant festive cocktail. In this week’s Cooking with Heinen’s recipe, we’re stirring up a Rosé Sangria.
- 1 (750mL) bottle Rosé
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier
- 2 cups club soda (whatever flavor you’d like)
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 2 limes, sliced
- 1 cup of melon balls, cantaloupe or watermelon
- 1 pint of strawberries, sliced
*note: When peaches are in season they are a great addition to this cocktail.
- Add all of your fruit to the bottom of a pitcher.
- Pour your wine, grand marnier and club soda over top and stir.
- This tastes great when it sits in the fridge and marinates for a bit.
- To serve, add ice to a glass and some of the boozy fruit and top with sangria.