Pasta salad may be a summer picnic staple, but this healthy and hearty dish is perfect year round. Exuding fresh Italian flavors and colors, all it requires is mixing a few ingredients together. Simple to assemble, this dish can easily be whipped up to take to take to a social gathering or to enjoy as a meal at home.
- 16 oz. box farfalle pasta
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup chopped black olives
- 2 TBS chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup Italian dressing
- ¼ cup Romano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta cooks, pour frozen vegetables into the bottom of a colander. When pasta is cooked al dente, drain pasta over the vegetables. The hot water will thaw the vegetables.
- Add pasta and vegetables to a mixing bowl, and toss well with the olives, basil and Italian dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill and serve, topped with Romano cheese.