This hearty meal is perfect fall fare. Change up the veggies and protein of this easy recipe to suit your taste.
- 1 lb Heinen’s Own lean ground beef
- 1lb hot Italian sausage casings removed
- 2 jars organic marinara, 28oz each
- 2lbs brussels sprouts, halved
- 1lb baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 red onions, cut into large chunks
- 4 bell peppers,assorted colors cut into large chunks
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oils
- seasalt/ ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400.
- Over medium heat, cook ground beef and sausage until browned. Add marinara and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Toss Brussels sprouts, carrots, onions, bell peppers in coconut oil and optional seasonings.
- Spread vegetables onto a parchment lined baking sheet and oven roast for 35-40 minutes (Brussels sprouts should be browned and carrots just tender).
- Spread vegetables on platter and top with meaty marinara.