With back-to-school season just around the corner, it may be time to readjust your morning routine. From getting the kids out of bed in time to catch the bus, to making sure they don’t leave their homework on the counter, we know that mornings can be busy. We have created deliciously-easy recipes for you and your family to enjoy on weekday mornings. From Overnight Oats to Omelet Breakfast Bites, these recipes are sure to keep you and your kids full through the school year.
Peaches & Cream Overnight Oats
- 3/4 cup diced peaches
- 1 tbsp. Heinen’s Pure Maple Syrup, divided
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, divided
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain kefir, divided
- Ground cinnamon, to taste
- 1 tbsp. chopped pecans, divided
- In a mason jar, layer oats, kefir, maple syrup, roasted peaches, and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, top with chopped pecans.
Maple Brown Sugar Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup Heinen’s Almond Milk
- 1-2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp. Heinen’s Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/8 cup pecans coarsely chopped, toasted
- In a mason jar place the oats, vanilla and milk. Stir to mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and maple syrup. Pour the mixture over the oats. Stir to combine.
- Refrigerate overnight. Before serving, sprinkle pecans over oatmeal. Serve with additional cinnamon and maple syrup, if desired.
Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s Milk
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup bananas, sliced
- 2 tbsp. Heinen’s Fresh Ground Peanut Butter
- 1/2 tbsp. Heinen’s Honey
- Add oats to a container of your choice and pour in milk. Mix in chia seeds, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir well.
- Then, alternate between layers of banana and peanut butter. Drizzle with honey. Place in fridge and enjoy in the morning.
Omelet Breakfast Bites
- 36 tater tots
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup ham, diced
- 8 Heinen’s Eggs
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s Milk
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Grease your muffin tins well, making sure to get the sides and bottom.
- Place your tater tots in the microwave to thaw. Once thawed, place 3 in each muffin tin. Take a small cup and smash flat into the bottom of each tin. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the tater tots are baking, chop the remaining ingredients. Set aside.
- After removing tots from the oven, lower oven temperature to 350F. Sprinkle 1 tsp. of each topping over each muffin cup.
- Whisk together eggs and milk with a fork.
- Pour your egg mixture over vegetables in each tin.
- Sprinkle a little cheddar cheese on top of each cup.
- Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes, or until the egg is cooked through.
- Once cooled, you can freeze. Simply reheat in the microwave for a couple of minutes.
Easy Breakfast Burritos
- 3 medium potatoes
- 16 oz. pkg. roll sausage, flavor of your choice
- 6 Heinen’s Eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup Heinen’s Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Poke potatoes with a fork, cook in microwave on high for 4 minutes or so, cook until slightly soft. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage, drain and set aside for later.
- Scramble eggs. Add sausage back into the pan. Cut potatoes into cubes and add to skillet mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a few spoonfuls of egg and sausage mixture to a tortilla. Top with shredded cheese. Fold. Wrap with plastic wrap and freeze.
- To reheat, put into the microwave, still wrapped in plastic wrap, and cook for 1½ minutes. Let cool for a minute before eating.
- 1 Organic Apple
- 2 tbsp. Heinen’s Fresh Ground Almond Butter
- 2 tbsp. Living Intensions Superfood Cereal
- Slice apple crosswise into 1/2″ slices, slice out the core. Spread 1 tbsp. of almond butter on slice of apple. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp. of cereal. Cover with another apple slice and repeat.