The sun is shining, the grass is green, and the heat is rising … it is officially burger season! Here at Heinen’s we love breaking out the grill and finding new mouth-watering ways to build the best burgers, and there’s no better place to start experimenting than with the burger patty itself. So, let’s get to the “meat” of things with three burger patty recipes that will make a great foundation to your burger building experience!
Note: These recipes are quick and easy, but if you want something quicker and easier, look no further than the premade burgers in Heinen’s meat and seafood departments.
Organic Grass Fed Beef Mushroom Parmesan Burgers
- 1 lb. ground organic grass fed beef
- 1 lb. baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. Heinen’s Butter
- 2 tbsp. shallots, minced
- 1½ tsp. garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 oz. Heinen’s Parmigiano-Reggiano, shredded
- In a food processor, chop the mushrooms in batches by pulsing them until they are evenly chopped and resemble ground beef.
- In a sauté pan, combine the mushrooms, shallot, garlic, and butter. Cook over med. heat stirring often until the mixture no longer appears wet, about 8-10 minutes. Cool the mushroom mixture.
- Thoroughly combine the beef, mushroom mixture, and the cheese. Form into 4 – 7 oz. burger patties.
- Grill. Follow these great tips if you aren’t sure where to start!
Pork and Chorizo Burgers with Pineapple
- 8 oz. Pork Chop Shop Chorizo
- 1 lb. Heinen’s Ground Pork
- 1/3 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 large egg beaten
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 2 tbps. red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 6 fresh pineapple rings cut about 1/2-inch thick
- 6 Sweet Hawaiian Buns, split
- To make burgers: Gently mix together chorizo, ground pork, breadcrumbs, egg, scallions, red pepper, garlic and salt. Shape into 6 patties about 3/4-inch thick. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat, about 450 degrees F.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Grill burgers, with the lid closed, for 5 minutes. Turn burgers, and add pineapple to grill. Finish cooking burger until the internal temperature reads 160⁰F. Grill pineapple rings until browned on each side. Remove from grill. Top burger with grilled pineapple.
Shrimp and Scallop Burgers
- 12 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 sea scallops
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. mirin
- 3 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- Heinen’s Vegetable Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Coarsely chop the shrimp and scallops in a food processor—do not over process.
- Transfer the seafood to a bowl and mix with the garlic, ginger, scallions, sesame oil, mirin, and soy sauce. Mold into four 1½- inch-thick burgers.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a sauté pan over medium heat and cook the burgers on both sides until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 10 minutes, until cooked through.