Brunch. Who doesn’t love brunch? It is a great and delicious excuse to get friends and family together and share a wonderful meal. Plan your next brunch and wow your guests with this amazing menu. Make it all ahead of time and then sit back with a mimosa and enjoy!
Take a look at these great brunch recipes:
- 3/4 cup Heinen’s Honey
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 black plums, pitted and sliced
- 5 red plums, pitted and sliced
- 8 figs
Place 3/4 cup water in a medium saucepan. Add the honey, vanilla bean pod with seeds, ginger, and five-spice powder. Bring to a boil and stir until honey dissolves. Set aside to cool completely, and stir in lemon juice. Discard ginger and vanilla bean pod.
In a large bowl, pour cooled syrup over the sliced plums. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight in the refrigerator.
An hour before serving, slice figs in half and gently fold into plum mixture. To serve, use a slotted spoon to ladle fruit into a serving bowl.
Tip – Syrup can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Maple Bacon Butter
- 1 cup Heinen’s Salted Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups Heinen’s Bacon, cooked and finely chopped
In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice until well blended. Chill in the refrigerator, for about 30 minutes. Form into a roll using waxed paper and store wrapped. It can be frozen for later at this point if desired.
Orange Blossom Honey Butter
- 3/4 cup Heinen’s Salted Butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s Orange Blossom Honey
In a small bowl mix butter and honey until smooth. Store, covered, in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Toasted Pecan Butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup Heinen’s Salted Butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Spread the pecans onto a baking sheet; toast in the preheated oven until they start to turn golden brown and become fragrant, about 15 minutes. Watch carefully as they bake, they burn quickly. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
Pulse the brown sugar, butter, and vanilla together in a food processor several times to thoroughly combine. Butter will be slightly fluffy. Sprinkle in the cooled nuts and pulse several times to combine. For more finely ground pecans, pulse several more times. Serve immediately, or pack into a jar with a lid and refrigerate.
- 3/4 cup Heinen’s Milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 large Heinen’s Eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12-count) package King’s Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls, cubed
For the cream cheese filling:
- 8 ounces Heinen’s Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the crumb topping:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s Unsalted Butter, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
In bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, sugar and cinnamon on medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes; set aside.
In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together milk, pumpkin puree, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla.
Lightly coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Place a layer of bread cubes evenly into the baking dish. Pour half of the pumpkin puree mixture evenly over the top. Spread cream cheese filling in an even layer. Top with remaining bread cubes and pumpkin puree mixture to completely cover the filling.
Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
To make the crumb topping, combine flour, sugar and nutmeg in a small bowl. Add cold butter and toss to coat, using your fingers to work the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the bread cubes.
Place into oven and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve immediately, sprinkled with pecans and confectioners’ sugar, if desired.