It’s pretty clear ranchers know beef. So when one treats you to a steak that’s just short of life-changing, you take note. That’s exactly what happened when cowboy Butch Shadbolt served up steaks to our meat buyers as they toured a cattle ranch in Nevada’s Sand Hills. His secret? A mouthwatering seasoning created by his friend, Jim Baldridge. Our buyers knew they had found something special, so they added the seasoning to our Two Brothers line of products to share with our customers (it’s what you know as our All Purpose Seasoning).
It seems like a unique story, but in fact a lot of our Two Brothers products have one. Since many of the products are exclusive to Heinen’s and sourced from interesting places, we print their stories right on the labels. And while we hate to play favorites, here are a few Two Brothers products we particularly love:
- Two Brothers Asian Sauces – Developed by our very own Chef Jacki Novotny, customers demanded we bottle these. Tip: Try the Mandarin Orange Sauce on Grouper.
- Two Brothers Single Origin Estate Coffees – We love waking up to these highly-rated coffees.
- Two Brothers Deli Meats – Our deli meats are minimally-processed, and nitrate and nitrite-free, meaning they’re better for you than traditional deli meat. Not just for sandwiches, they’re great in quiche or as pizza toppings!
Did you know we also have our own store brand? Just look for the Heinen’s logo on more than 800 products throughout the store —we have everything from household needs like laundry detergent to cooking supplies like culinary stock, many of which are produced local to Cleveland. While the Heinen’s line has been around since 1948, we’re always adding new things and evolving to meet customer demand. Take our growing selection of organic and wellness-related goods for example. We’ve also recently begun updating the labels with a new, modern design, which you’ll see more and more in your Heinen’s going forward. The goal is to exceed national brands in overall value and quality, and we think you’ll agree that we achieve it.
- Heinen’s Fresh-squeezed Orange & Grapefruit Juices – Our very first Heinen’s brand product was our Fresh-squeezed Orange Juice, making its debut in 1948. We’ve since added Fresh-squeezed Grapefruit Juice; they’re both just as delicious today.
- Heinen’s Essential Oils – You can use them for aromatherapy, but we also like to mix up batches of natural beauty products.
- Heinen’s Fresh Pasta – Our fresh ravioli, tortellini and gnocchi cook up in mere minutes, making them the perfect solution to any “What do I cook tonight?!” dilemmas.
- Heinen’s Nuts & Trail Mixes – Whether you’re hosting a game day watch party or hiking, our nuts and trail mixes are a healthy, energizing snack. Jazz up the Mixed Nuts with these recipes.