For many kids, the school day doesn’t end with the ringing of the final bell. Many kids leave the classroom and make the jump straight to the practice field or head off to participate in various activities long after the books are closed for the day.
Packing a light and healthy after-school snack is the perfect way to provide a boost of energy that is just what kids need be successful and stay focused during after school activities. It’s easy to pack healthy snacks that kids will love.
Make sure your kids are on top of their game with these quick tips and healthy eating ideas…
Take a look at these simple after-school snack ideas:
- Mamma Chia: Chia Squeeze Vitality Snacks
- -A blend of fruit, vegetables and chia seeds!
- Veggie-Go’s Fruit & Veggie Strips
- -Offers a half serving of fruit and vegetables in every strip!
- Nature’s Bakery Fig Bars
- -Made from stoneground whole wheat flour
- -No high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors or colors
- Do-It-Yourself Trail mix:
- -¼ cup unsalted nuts/seeds: almonds, pecans, walnuts, cashews, pistachios, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds
- -2 Tbsp. dried fruit: Diced apricots, figs or dates; goji berries, raisins
- -¼ cup reduced sugar cereal: Power O’s, Uncle Sam, KIND Healthy Grains Clusters
- Fruit & Nut Butter:
- -Sliced apples or pears
- -1-2 Tbsp. Heinen’s fresh ground peanut or almond butter
- Raw Veggies & Hummus:
- -1 cup of raw veggies: Baby carrots, celery sticks, red pepper strips, sugar snap peas, cauliflower or broccoli florets, jicama slices
- -¼ cup hummus
- String Cheese & Crackers:
- -1 String cheese stick
- -1 ounce whole grain crackers: Mary’s Gone Crackers
- Smart Drinks:
- -Water, water, water!
- -If your child isn’t fond of plain water, try fruit-infused water by HINT! Or freeze 100% juice in ice cube trays and drop one or two cubes into plain water for a little flavor.