LAVA LAKE LAMB
Outside Sun Valley, Idaho, Lava Lake’s flocks of happy lambs are tended to by experienced shepherds as they freely graze on over 800,000 acres of unblemished wilderness. Lava Lake Lambs are free to graze on the abundant and diverse variety of natural grasses, herbs and wild flowers, resulting in what some would say is the absolute best lamb you’ll ever taste.
The lambs on Lava Lake Ranch freely graze on miles upon miles of wide-open natural pastures, are never given hormones or exposed to herbicides or insecticides, and never ever given antibiotics. That is something you can feel great about putting on your dinner plate.
In addition to raising premium lamb, Kathleen and Brian Bean, the owners of Lava Lake Ranch believe wholeheartedly in the conservation of natural resources, wildlife and the land and on which they live and raise livestock. Kathleen and Brian believe in the natural benefits of allowing lambs to graze freely on natural, clean and open land as nature intended.
Lava Lake Lambs are 100% grass-fed and grass-finished and never supplemented with grain or corn. Grass-Fed lamb is a great choice for you and your family because of it’s incredible flavor and added nutritional value.
From Lava Lake Lamb you can expect:
- Lamb that is lower in fat and higher in protein than traditional grain-fed lamb
- Tender red meat that is rich in heart healthy Omega-3 fatty acids
- A good source of Vitamin E & Beta-Carotene
- A lamb product that is an excellent source of Niacin, Zinc and Iron
Sustainably and Humanely Raised
Lava Lake Ranch sits on a massive plot of nearly 1,000,000 acres between the Snake River Plain and the Pioneer Mountains near Sun Valley, Idaho. The Lava Lake mission is to take the utmost care in protecting the land and preserving the natural resources and beauty of the land for generations to come.
Lava Lake Ranch Conservation Efforts include:
- Protecting Natural Resources: Lava Lake has placed 7,500 acres of land under conservation easement through the The Nature Conservancy, to guarantee the land will never be developed or subdivided.
- Keeping the Land Healthy: The land at Lava Lake includes over 500 acres of irrigated pastures and 60,000 acres of certified organic range. Pesticides and Herbicides are never used on this land in an effort to protect the health and well being of the sheep and natural wildlife.
- Continued Scientific Research: Lava Lake has initiated more than 20 research projects including wildlife surveys, stream health studies, vegetation mapping, grazing impact evaluations, and more…
- Habitat Restoration: Lava Lake Ranch has initiated two significant streamside restoration projects, and developed a state-of-the-art grazing management program to ensure that wildlife habitat is improved in the areas where they graze their sheep.