If you think seafood is solely a summer staple, then you must try this Shrimp and Lobster Seafood Stew. It is the perfect balance of the warmth of a winter stew and delicious seafood favorites. Perfect for a family meal or a main dish at a gathering, our Seafood Associates are happy to assist you in selecting the perfect seafood ingredients.
- 1 lb. Jumbo Argentina Shell-on Shrimp, thawed and peeled, leaving tail on
- 4-4 ounce Lobster Tails, thawed and split in half
- 2 TBS shallots, chopped
- ½ cup thinly sliced fresh fennel
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 TBS unsalted butter
- ½ cup Chicken or Seafood Stock
- 1 jar Mario Batali Cioppino Sauce
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fennel and shallots; cook, stirring until shallots and fennel soften, about 3 minutes. Place lobster tails cut-sides down in pan; pour in white wine, cover the skillet and cook 3 minutes. Uncover, add shrimp and cook, stirring frequently until lobster is just browned and shrimp are opaque, about 3-4 more minutes.
- Heat Cioppino sauce and stock in a large sauté pan. Add cooked shrimp and lobster and toss to coat.
- Serve in bowls, garnished with fresh herbs or microgreens. Serve with rolls or crusty bread.