This is an easy, fresh slaw that beautifully balances the subtle sweet notes of Stemilt’s Skylar Rae cherries with a hint of heat.
A hint of heat is delivered by the addition of green onions and jalapeno in this mix, and the bright, tangy drizzle of a fresh lime-infused viniagrette. It’s a great side to most any grilled entree (like Heinen’s Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon!). Here, we’ve used a packaged, pre-shredded slaw (with both green and red cabbage and carrots) to make assembly quick and easy.
- 1/2 lb. Stemilt Skylar Rae Cherries, stemmed, pitted and halved
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 6 cups mixed cabbage “slaw”
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cored, seeded and minced
for the dressing:
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. peach jam
- pinch salt
In a large bowl, combine cherries, orange segments, cabbage slaw, green onion and jalapeno. Set aside.
In a separate bowl whisk fresh lime juice, olive oil, cider vinegar, honey and peach jam until jam is fully incorporated. Add a pinch of salt to taste. Drizzle vinaigrette over slaw and toss until mixed through. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 8 Servings
Recipe and Photo provided by Stemilt Growers