Comfort food for fall? Check! No one will go hungry when this is on the table.
- 1 small spaghetti squash (about 2lbs)
- 2 tbsp Heinen’s extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups baby bellas, sliced
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 380F
- In a deep skillet (or large pan), add olive oil, garlic and thyme. Cook for 2 minutes over high heat and add mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are golden brown (about 7-8 minutes). Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Put the spaghetti squash on a baking tray and bake for about an hour, until squash can be pierced with a knife.
- Take squash out of the oven and let cool to room temperature. Cut in half and get rid of the seeds. Use a fork to scrape the squash into strings.
- Add squash to the skillet (or pan), turn the heat to high and quickly sauté with mushrooms. Sprinkle parmesan while sautéing for a minute.
- Turn the heat off, top with parsley and season with salt and pepper. Serve.