This time of year has a tendency to fly by for us. Once our calendars read “November,” time seems to accelerate and suddenly it’s the eve of a New Year. The months in between are full of food and festivities, two things that we relish in and rejoice.
Whether you’re hosting or attending a gathering, beverages are an important element. Glasses are raised, toasts are made, and company is shared with your favorite drink in hand. Before your schedule picks up at a holiday pace, we recommend building a case of wine so that you have a stockpile to choose from when needed. An added perk: you receive a 10% discount on a 12-bottle case of wine from Heinen’s.
These suggestions range from sweet to dry, red to rosé, bubbly to white. Give them a try & let us know what you think*! We’re always open to suggestions:
- Alceno 50 Spanish Red – If you like Syrah and like it with some character, this is the wine for you. A complex blend of Syrah and Monastrell produces juicy flavors of blueberry and blackberry. This wine tastes like a blueberry pie with a bite!
- Cline Chardonnay – Those who favor a dry white will appreciate Cline. Pineapple and citrus flavors greet you at first sip, with a finish that is creamy, oaky, and smooth all at once.
- Vin Hunter Prosecco – Our Prosecco is hand-selected by Vin Hunter, Heinen’s Wine Scout. Delicious by itself or with light foods, this prosecco is crisp & dry. Keep in mind that we sell out every year!
- Schug Sauvignon Blanc – Lush fruit flavors reminiscent of melon, honeysuckle and grapefruit come through, with a crisp & refreshing finish.
- Manyana Tempranillo – Fruit drives the flavor of this wine. Easy to drink, you’ll note flavors of ripe berry and plum fruit with a hint of tobacco spice.
- Long Valley Ranch Red Blend – Full bodied with structured tannins, mouth-filling texture, dark fruit and a lingering finish. This wine was bottled exclusively for Heinen’s.
- Moniker Pinot Noir – This wine has character. It’s bold and complex, mixing flavors of earth, berry, and rhubarb.
- Infinito Jumilla – This stunner from Jumilla, Spain has flavors of cola, licorice and leather frame plum and tar flavors in this savory red blend. A perfect blend of Monastrell, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot.
- Molino Del Piano Brunello Di Montalcino – Flavors of tart red berries, cherry, and tobacco are present. The noticeable tannins linger and develop, balancing with the acidity of this wine.
- Nickel & Nickel Medina Chardonnay – This stunning Russian River Valley Chardonnay offers delicate floral and spice aromas with flavors of pear and lemon zest on the palate. Nuances of mineral stones and spicy oak highlight in this fruit-driven Chardonnay. This incredibly well-balanced Napa Valley treasure will have you begging for another sip.
- Whispering Angel Rosé – You really get to know this rosé and its many flavors. Fruits like strawberry and lemon are noted with a rich, dry finish.
- Chalk Hill Estate Red – This red blends Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Merlot, Malbec, Carmenere, and Syrah. Earthy with hints of dark fruit, the tannins carry you to a memorable finish.
*You can provide feedback in the comments below, or by using the hashtag #HolidaysWithHeinens on social media.