Customers know that we’re proud of our produce. There are many reasons that’s true, including the quality and that we can say we know our sources. We’re excited to introduce our latest source: organicgirl’s line of organic salads, new at your Heinen’s.
The organicgirl mission started 10 years ago in California’s fertile Salinas Valley. Their good clean greens are USDA certified organic, grown for great taste, triple washed, and packaged in 100% recyclable containers. Wondering where you can locate them in store? A Heinen’s Produce Associate is happy to help you discover Baby Spinach, Romaine Leaves, Super Greens and much more.
Once you bring organicgirl greens home with you, the possibilities are endless! Salads, of course, but also smoothies, sides, sauces, and sandwiches. Give these options a try:
organicgirl wants to help you have your healthiest year yet! sign up for their promotion for a chance to win a YEAR of free organicgirl + $500 giftcard to Evolve Fit Wear! BONUS: choose Heinen’s when you sign up and we’ll select one of our shoppers to win a year of free organicgirl + $100 gift card to our stores! Sign up here.
Roasted Beets and Greens Salad
Prep: 5 min.
Bake: 30 min.
- 2 large or 4 medium beets, scrubbed and cut into thin wedges
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 package of organicgirl SUPERGREENS!
- ¼ cup of dressing (we recommend a Parmesan-based variety)
- ¼ cup of chopped hazelnuts
- shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- On a large baking sheet, toss beet wedges with oil and salt, and arrange in a single layer. Roast until tender, about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss greens with dressing and arrange on plates. Top with beets and hazelnuts. If desired, garnish with shaved Parmesan.
Mache Citrus Shrimp Salad
Prep: 20 min.
Cook: 5 min.
- 1 cup organicgirl mache rosettes
- 1 pound of wild red shrimp
- 1 ruby red grapefruit, pithed, segmented & diced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 medium yellow heirloom tomato, diced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup of red onion, diced
- juice of 1 meyer lemon
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 T chopped parsley
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- In a medium saucepan, add water and season with salt. bring to boil, add shrimp and cover with lid. Cook over medium heat from 3-4 minutes. remove shrimp from the pot and place on a cutting board to bool. When cooled, coarsely chop the shrimp.
- In a large bowl, add the mache rosettes, shrimp, grapefruit, avocado, tomato, bell pepper, red onion and lemon juice. gently toss.
- Whisk together the mustard, apple cider vinegar, parsley, olive oil and salt. Pour the dijon vinaigrette over the prawn mixture and gently toss. Spoon into chilled glasses and serve!
Recipes and photos provided by organicgirl.