Tangy goat cheese is a natural with lemon and pesto. And who doesn’t love goat cheese? I’ve come to rely on this creamy dip more often than I care to admit.
Lemony Pesto-Goat Cheese Dip with Vegetables
Makes about 1½ cups[425 g]
Start to finish: 20 minutes
Hands-on time: 20 minutes
- 1⁄3 cup [45 g] pine nuts
- 8 oz [230 g] goat cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup [120 ml] plain whole milk
- Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Lemony Basil Pesto
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup [100 g] diced roasted red bell pepper
- Assorted raw vegetables for serving, such as carrots, celery, fennel, broccoli, and red and yellow bell pepper strips
- Lemon, Pepper, and Asiago Crackers or your favorite store-bought crackers for serving
In a microwave-safe bowl, toast the pine nuts for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir again and if the nuts aren’t oily and fragrant, microwave for another 30 seconds. Let cool. Alternatively, toast the nuts in a skillet over medium heat, tossing them every now and then, until toasted, about 3 minutes.
Combine the goat cheese, yogurt, pesto, lemon zest, and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor and process until well blended. Alternatively, combine the ingredients in a large bowl and stir with a fork. (Add more yogurt to thin the dip, if desired.) Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Transfer the dip to a serving bowl, and top with the roasted red bell pepper and toasted pine nuts. Serve with the Vegetables and crackers.
This recipe is from Carla Snyder’s citrus-centric book, Sweet and Tart.