BUILD YOUR BEST BURGER CHALLENGE GUIDELINES & ENTRY FORM
1. All burgers must be composed of grilled patties (formed from ground beef or ground alternative foods) prepared on a gas or charcoal grill, served on buns, other bread products, or alternative wrappings such as lettuce, collectively referred to as “Bun.” Burgers may include any combination of condiments and toppings. Every component of the burger must be placed inside the Bun or served open-faced on the Bun.
2. Each submitted recipe must include the name of the recipe, readily available ingredients (available for sale at Heinen’s), standard U.S. measurements, (such as cups, tablespoons, teaspoons, ounces, or pounds; please do not abbreviate), specific amounts for each ingredient (such as number of lettuce leaves or cup measurement of other greens and herbs, or teaspoons of salt and pepper; do not say “to taste” for any ingredient, but list exact amount so reviewers can judge how your burgers will taste), and be written to make six (6) regular-sized burgers. Each ingredient, including the Bun and all other elements, must be listed, preferably in order of use, followed by complete, step-by-step cooking instructions, including timing and temperature for any cooked components. All recipes must be able to be completely prepared in sixty (60) minutes or less.
3. The recipe must be original and not knowingly been previously published or have won another award, and the right to submit the recipe to the Contest must not be restricted in any way.
4. Heinen’s Associates and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate.
5. All entrants will be required to irrevocably assign and transfer to Heinen’s any and all rights, title and interest in his/her submission, without any compensation to the entrant.
1. Recipes must be submitted online between May 21st and June 13th. Each recipe must be submitted by an individual. There is no limit on the number of recipes you may submit.
2. To enter online, click here
or fill out the form below. Fill in the entry form, including your original recipe, and follow the directions to submit.
SELECTION & JUDGING OF RECIPES
1. The following guidelines will be used to select and judge recipes:
*Ease of preparation
2. Phase One: Recipes will be reviewed by Heinen’s to ensure adherence to Contest Guidelines and Rules. Recipes that do not adhere to Contest Guidelines and Rules will be disqualified.
3. Phase Two: Recipes passing Phase One will then be reviewed by a panel of Heinen’s judges, which will select the top five (5) recipes to move onto the semi-finalists round. Heinen’s will notify the five (5) contestants with the Potential Winning Recipes on or around June 22nd.
4. An online poll to pick the “People’s Choice” winner will be conducted. The results of the “People’s Choice” will not influence the judge’s final decision.
5. Semi-Finalist Round: A culinary team will prepare the top five (5) recipes for presentation to a judging team (“Judging Team”) who will taste the burgers to determine the winner of the “Build Your Best Burger” Challenge.
• The WINNER will receive a $500 Heinen’s gift card and will have their burger recipe featured in all Heinen’s locations with the winner’s bio. The WINNER will also be invited to appear at the store of their choice to sample their burger and share burger tips.
• The RUNNER UP will receive a $200 Heinen’s gift card.