California Grown Keitt Mango
The mango is the number one consumed fruit in the world, and has been cultivated for over 4,000 years.
The California Grown Keitt Mango, where do we start to describe this beauty? The Keitt Mango is one of the largest mangoes grown; couple that with a small pit and you have more sweet fruit to enjoy. Although they are fully green when ripe, the Keitt will be soft to the touch when they are ready to eat. Green Keitt Mangoes are left on the tree longer than other varieties producing a very sweet fruit with a texture that's smooth and creamy.
Melissa's Keitt Mangoes are produced by one grower in the Coachella Valley of California. Keitt Mangoes grown in California do not receive a hot water-treatment that is required for imported mangoes, producing fruit with increased shelf life and enhanced flavor. The flavor of the keitt mango is tropically fruity and rich with a buttery melt in your mouth texture. The small seed of the Keitt mango makes it extremely easy to cut and creates more tropical mango for you to enjoy. These mangoes are naturally ripened and are low in calories and fat, but high in nutrients. Just 1 cup of mango contains 68% of the recommended daily value for Vitamin A and 80% for Vitamin C. Mangoes also contain potassium, vitamin B6 and of course fiber.
“Green is good…” Don’t let the green fool you, it’s chin-dripping, juicy flesh is ready for your taste buds to enjoy. Taste the incredible sweetness!
Nectarine, Mango and Black Bean Salsa
- 1 ripe nectarine, diced
- 1 ripe Keitt Mango, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, veins removed, minced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a glass or ceramic bowl, combine all the ingredients. Gently toss with spatula. Allow the salsa to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature. Spoon over chicken, fish, pork or tofu. Or simply use chips.
Keitt Mango and Flax Smoothie
- 2 ripe Keitt Mangoes peeled, pitted and frozen
- 2 cups Milk or Soy Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Agave Syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Golden Flax Seed
- 1 cup Ice Cubes
- In a blender, place items in order above. Begin on low speed and puree until drink is smooth and easy to pour.