Poached Eggs & Spring Vegetable Hash
2 tablespoons of olive oil
4 small medium diced medium sized Yukon gold potatoes
4 small medium diced medium sized red potatoes
15 to 20 sliced asparagus stalks
6 to 8 sliced purple asparagus stalks
½peeled and small diced yellow onion
1 bunch of sliced green onions
1 seeded and small diced red bell pepper
4 finely minced cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon each chopped basil, oregano and chervil
1 cup each baby spinach and arugula
6 large eggs
Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a large cast iron skillet heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the potatoes and cook for 6 to 8 minute or until lightly browned.
- Next, add in the asparagus, onions, peppers and garlic and cook for 3 to 4 minutes over medium-high heat or until lightly browned.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper and fold in the herbs, spinach and arugula and keep warm.
- Next, in a medium pot of simmering water, add in 1 tablespoon of salt and, using a spoon, stir in a circle about 15 times.
- Crack each egg into a ramekin and then slowly add it to the center of the circular-moving, simmering water.
- Cook the egg to desired internal temperature. Over-medium takes about 2 to 3 minutes to poach.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon.
- Place the poached eggs over the warm hash and grate on some fresh Parmesan cheese.
Recipe created by Chef Billy Parisi l Click here to print this recipe