Spicy Grilled Shrimp Pasta
6 to 8 vine ripe tomatoes
2 seeded red bell peppers
1 to 3 seeded fresno peppers
1 peeled and thickly sliced sweet onion
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 pound of shrimp
1 pound of uncooked Egg Noodle Pasta
red pepper flakes to taste
Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Parsley for garnish
Parmesan cheese for garnish.
1. Preheat the grill to high heat, in between 450° to 550°.
2. In a bowl coat the tomatoes, peppers and onions with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl coat the shrimp in the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Place the vegetables onto a perforated grill pan and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly charred. Remove from the grill and set aside.
5. Place the shrimp on the grill and cook them for 5-6 minutes or until lightly marked on the grill and cooked throughout. Remove from the grill and set aside.
6. Place the roasted vegetables in a blender and blend on high speed, center cap of top removed, until smooth but slightly chunky.
7. Transfer the roasted vegetable sauce to a large saute pan and keep warm. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
8. Boil the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until they reach al dente, or slightly crunchy. Strain the noodles and pour them into the pasta sauce pan, coat in the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
9. To Plate: Place the pasta in a bowl and top off with shrimp, parsley and Parmesan cheese.
Recipe created by Chef Billy Parisi l Click here to print this recipe