We are excited to announce our SHARK BANK competition for local Ohio artisans creating and producing food will be returning for a second year.
This event is a great opportunity for entrepreneurs who have a manufactured food product and are interested in seeking distribution and consumer sales in our 22 store locations throughout Northeast Ohio.
If you or someone you know is interested in submitting a product, please review the competition details listed below. We look forward to your submissions, and good luck!
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS:
March 31st, 2016
Interested in Submitting a Product?
Heinen's Shark Bank Competition is open to food producers with either perishable or non-perishable food items that meet the following criteria:
- Must be the final product version, ready for sale
- Producer must be insured for all product liability
- Product label must contain appropriate and accurate nutritional information
- Producer confirms that product has been or can be produced in appropriate case quantities to allow for full distribution into all Heinen's Cleveland area stores
- Should a product be selected, the producer confirms availability to be present for product demonstrations at Heinen's Downtown Cleveland on 5/23 & 5/30 2016
- Producer confirms that Heinen's will be the exclusive Cleveland area retailer to carry the winning product for 1 year from the date that the event commences
- Should a product be selected, the producer will be notified by April 4th, 2016
Non-Perishable Submissions: Please complete the form below and press submit, you will then receive a confirmation email with instructions for completing your submission. Send (2) samples of your product along with a printed copy of the confirmation email to the address listed below. Samples must be received on or before March 31st, 2016 and must be accompanied by a printed copy of the confirmation email to be considered a valid submission.
Perishable Submissions: Please complete the form below, be sure to select 'Yes' when asked if your product is perishable and select a drop-off date, press submit, you will then receive a confirmation email with instructions for completing your submission. Drop-off (2) samples of your product to the address below, on the date and time selected, along with a printed copy of the confirmation email. Samples must be freshly produced and accompanied by a printed copy of the confirmation email to be considered a valid submission.
Heinen's (Attn: Shark Bank Samples)
4540 Richmond Road
Warrensville Hts. OH 44128
Product Judging and Competition
Peoples Choice Event - May 23, 2016 (Time TBD)
Following the submission period, the top ten producers will be invited to our Peoples Choice Event at our Downtown Cleveland Store on May 23rd, 2016. Each producer will have the opportunity to provide samples and tell the story of their product to hungry patrons. The top 4 producers, as determined by popular vote will be our 2016 Shark Bank finalists.
Shark Bank Finals - May 30, 2016 (Time TBD)
The top 4 producers, determined the previous week, will have the opportunity to pitch their product to our distinguished panel of judges including local chefs, food writers and media personalities. The judges will determine the winner and the 2nd Annual Shark Bank Winner will be crowned.