When it comes to produce, it’s all about freshness!
We take sourcing seriously. Our assortment must meet our high-quality standards and offer you something new to discover each time you shop, which is why you’ll always see fruits and veggies and unique items that are hand-picked by our experts.
We know that trying something new can be intimidating, but with the right information, these unfamiliar finds might just become your new favorite!
Check out our seasonal Fresh Discoveries!
- Smaller than red or green mangoes with intense, sweet flavor and a higher pulp-to-pit ratio
- Velvety smooth with almost no fibrous texture
- Oval-shaped and slightly crook-necked
- Contains over 20 vitamins and minerals
- One serving (3/4 cup) provides half of your daily vitamin C needs
- Fat free, sodium free and cholesterol free
- Only available from March-July
- Choose mangoes with a deep golden yellow exterior
- Place in a sealed paper bag with another mango or other ethylene producing fruits (avocados or tomatoes) to speed up the ripening process
- Delicious in both savory dishes and sweet desserts
Organic Baby Potatoes
- Round to oblong in shape with a delicate, cream-colored edible skin
- Subtle in flavor with a creamy texture
- Grown in the U.S. throughout California, Colorado, Idaho, Oregon and Washington
- High in potassium and vitamin C when consumed with the skin
- Naturally low in fat and sodium
- Contain about the same number of calories as a large apple
- Store in a cool, well-ventilated area rather than refrigerating
- Can be sliced, cubed or halved and eaten with a spoon
- Slightly sweeter than an ordinary radish
- Has a mild sub-acidic taste that blends well in salads
- Known for its watermelon-like vibrant magenta flesh and green skin
- Crisp in texture, making it ideal for eating out of hand
- The perfect colorful compliment to cheeseboards, salads and steamed vegetable dishes
- Store in a plastic bag in the refrigerator
- Surround with ice water a few minutes before serving for optimal crispness
- Choose radishes with well-formed roots and green tops
- A member of the cabbage family
- Similar in taste to traditional white cauliflower with slightly sweet nuances
- Can be enjoyed raw on a rainbow vegetable tray, or steamed, roasted, broiled, grilled and sautéed like traditional cauliflower
- Color remains vibrant when cooked
- Available in convenient pre-packaged florets and steaks in Heinen’s Produce Department
- Wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days
Explore More Fresh Discoveries
Check out some of our out of season fresh discoveries to get an idea of what you can expect when they come back in season! These are some of our favorite produce items!