Flattened Chicken with Mediterranean Veggies & Pizza
For the Chicken:
1 whole flattened chicken, backbone removed
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 each seeded and thickly sliced red and yellow bell pepper
1 sliced zucchini
2 sliced tomatoes
½ peeled and sliced yellow onion
1 15-ounce can of quartered artichoke hearts, strained
½ cup of green and Kalamata olives
Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the Pizza:
1 papa sal’s pre-made pizza dough + cornmeal for dusting
¼ cup of canned crushed tomatoes
8-ounce ball of sliced mozzarella
¼ cup of crumbled feta cheese
¼ cup of fresh basil and oregano leaves
1. Chicken: Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. Coat chicken with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt and pepper on all sides.
3. Lay the chicken skin side up on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven at 400° for 45 minutes.
4. Next, remove the chicken and place the peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, onions, artichoke hearts and olive around the outside of the chicken on the pan. Drizzle on remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season the veggies with salt and pepper.
5. Return the pan to the oven and bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
6. Remove the pan and serve.
7. Pizza: Preheat a pizza stone in the oven to 500°.
8. Place the rolled out dough on a pizza spatula dusted with cornmeal and evenly spread on the crushed tomatoes leaving a ½ around the outside for the crust.
9. Place on the sliced mozzarella and using some chicken and veggies from the sheet pan chicken garnish the pizza.
10. Sprinkle on the feta cheese and fresh herbs and bake for 10 minutes.
11. Cut and serve!
Recipe created by Chef Billy Parisi l Click here to print this recipe
Sign in to Tasteful Rewards to View My Recipe Box
Register your Tasteful Rewards card & create your profile.
New Customer? Sign up for Tasteful Rewards now.
Get a Card