The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
With football season fast approaching, it’s time to flip through your recipe box for food to feed a crowd of hungry fans! This build-your-own baked potato grazing board is a game changer that offers every person at the tailgate all the fixings they could ever imagine to customize their own creation!
Heinen’s offers traditional Yukon Gold baked potatoes, along with their sweet potato counterpart. Choosing the traditional route is delicious, but involves the tedious tasks of peeling and boiling. Purchasing potatoes that are pre-wrapped in plastic is an equally delicious alternative that saves so much precious time.
In the potato and onion section of your local Heinen’s Produce Department, you’ll find the potatoes wrapped in a plastic film. Simply follow the easy-to-read instructions on the label and put the potato (plastic and all) right into your microwave. Cook on high for 6-8 minutes for one, or cook up to four potatoes at once and double the cook time.
Once fully cooked, let the potatoes rest in the wrapper for about 5-10 minutes before removing the plastic, then arrange them on a platter along with traditional and non-traditional toppings.
If you want to get ahead of the game, simply microwave the potatoes, remove the plastic and wrap them in tin foil to keep them warm. Assemble the potatoes around the grazing board in their foil warmers, or place them in a bowl in the center of the platter to retain as much heat as possible.
This is such a fun way to feed guests. They can serve themselves a half or whole potato and load them up with whatever toppings they crave.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Bush's organic baked beans, plus 1/4 cup Branch BBQ Sauce
- Heinen’s Colby Jack shredded cheese
- Banana peppers
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Heinen’s bacon, baked at 425˚F oven for 15 minutes and chopped into bits
- Mini sweet peppers
- Roasted peppadews
- Selection of pretzel chips and cheddar cheese curls
- Greek yogurt ranch dip
- Heinen’s honey butter
- Whole grain Dijon mustard
- Cook Heinen’s pre-wrapped potatoes in the microwave. Do not remove the plastic wrapping. Cook one potato at a time for 6-8 minutes on high, or four potatoes at a time for 12-16 minutes on high.
- Allow the potatoes to rest in the wrapper for about 5-10 minutes before removing the plastic.
- Arrange the potatoes on a platter along with all of your favorite traditional and non-traditional toppings.
Note: If prepping ahead, microwave the potatoes, remove the plastic and wrap them in tin foil to keep them warm. Assemble the potatoes around the grazing board in their foil warmers, or place them in a bowl in the center of the platter to retain as much heat as possible.