Today I’m making our easy and delicious go-to party dish: BBQ Pulled Chicken Sliders. These tasty mini sandwiches can prepared in your crock pot, instapot or even your rice maker (mine doubles as a slow cooker). This makes it easy to transport, keep warm and serve.
I’m not kidding when I say it’s one of the easiest dishes you can make. Place the ingredients into the slow cooker and turn it on. That’s basically it! When it’s done, pull the meat apart with a pair of forks then place the meat back into the sauce to keep warm. Slow cookers are a lifesaver!
To make delicious sliders, the secret lies in toasting the buns with butter. We like to top them off with slaw and pickles. If you’re trying to decide what BBQ sauce to use, I recommend Heinen’s Two Brothers Barbecue. It’s vegan and gluten-free!
BBQ Pulled Chicken Sliders
- 3.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups Two Brothers BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup light or dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼-½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- buns for serving, toasted
- slaw and pickles for serving
- Combine Two Brothers BBQ sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika and crushed red pepper in the basin of a slow cooker
- Place chicken breast in sauce and use a spoon to cover with sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or 3-4 hours on high. You will know the chicken is done when it shreds easily with a pair of forks.
- Shred chicken and stir well to coat with BBQ sauce. Serve.