This recipe and photography was provided courtesy of local cookbook author and chef, Carla Snyder. Learn more about Carla and discover her recipes at Ravenouskitchen.com or in her cookbook, One Pan Whole Family. For more Ice Cream Sandwich recipes from this series, visit the index here.
Heinen’s Brownie Burst Cookies from the bakery department make an amazing ice cream sandwich. Choose from chocolate, raspberry or lemon filled cookies and fill with your favorite ice cream flavors. Just scoop ice cream onto the flat side of a cookie and top with another cookie. Dip in sprinkles if you like, wrap each cookie tightly in plastic wrap, freeze at least 2 hours and then serve them whenever the mood strikes. Remember to wrap cookies tightly in plastic wrap as they are assembled and transfer directly to the freezer or they will melt and be a mess.
Brownie Burst Ice Cream Sandwiches
Start-to-finish: 2 hours 30 minutes
Hands-on time: 30 minutes
- Brownie Burst Cookies of your choosing
- Ice cream flavor of your choosing (it’s that simple!)
Some flavor options include:
- Chocolate Brownie Burst Cookie ice cream options include all versions of chocolate, coconut, vanilla, cherry, strawberry, caramel, coffee and flavor combos like Moose Tracks or Chubby Hubby.
- Raspberry Brownie Burst Cookie ice cream options include all versions of chocolate, vanilla and chocolate flavor combos.
- Lemon Brownie Burst Cookie ice cream options include all versions of vanilla and lemon-flavored vanilla. You can also fill them with the limoncello ice cream recipe listed with the Chocolate Wafer Ice Cream Sandwiches above.