The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
Entertaining for the Big Game can sometimes send me into stress mode when in reality, the day should be all about food, fun and football! To help you stress less, I’ve a chip and dip platter that’s so delicious, it could bring a whole stadium to its feet.
For many of us, it’s simple (and tempting) to go into the grocery store and grab a premade dip to plate and serve as is for your game day gathering. This is a delicious option, don’t get me wrong, but why not call a “trick play” and make something extraordinary with just a few added ingredients?
The spreads used for this platter are from The Dairy Free Co. and are, you guessed it, made without dairy. Don’t worry though, the great thing about these spreads is that they’re full of classic taste and creamy texture. They are a great option to add to your game day table to accommodate guests who have dairy sensitives, but anyone can, and will, enjoy them.
The Dairy Free Co. products are made with sustainably sourced ingredients like cashews and quinoa, which means they’re good for the environment and for you. Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian and vegan friendly, they cover the entire lineup, but I didn’t just stop there. I went for the extra point and added homemade everything bagel dippers on the side! There’s a lot to love about this grazing board and you can easily find all of The Diary Free Co. items in Heinen’s Dairy Department.
Check out this dippable game day roster!
- Super Bleu – I LOVE this dip! The vibrant blue color may put some people off, but don’t let it scare you. It’s so delicious! I added some Frank’s Red Hot sauce, green onion and diced Columbus salami, but you could also add shredded chicken for a new spin on buffalo chicken dip! Serve with slices of crusty artisan bread (which can be sliced for you at Heinen’s Bakery) and salami chips.
- Garden Party – I call this my “Pickle Back” dip. Simply chop up Randy’s Bread n’ Butter Pickles and add a couple teaspoons of the pickle juice and mix well. The addition of the pickles takes this already great-tasting spread and gives it a whole new look. Serve with a selection of veggies like carrots, celery, zucchini and colorful peppers for added color.
- Schmiracle – Everything you could ever want and more, more, MORE! This spread already has it all (“everything seasoning”). All you need to do is add a little more seasoning and serve with my homemade gluten-free everything bagel dippers (recipe below).
Gluten-Free Everything Bagel Chips
- 2 ½ cups coconut flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 egg whites, divided
- 2 cups nonfat Greek yogurt
- Two Brothers everything bagel seasoning, for topping (leave plain if preferred)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Move the oven rack to the top spot. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking powder and salt. Use a whisk, standing mixer or handheld mixer to fully incorporate everything.
- Add 2 of the egg whites to a medium-size bowl and beat with a hand mixer on high until frothy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg whites and yogurt to the large bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Mix well until the mixture starts to resemble a dough.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place it on a lightly floured surface.
- Knead the dough gently a few times.
- Form the dough into a large round disk. Using a sharp knife, divide the dough into 6 equal parts.
- Roll each part into a 1-inch-thick tube. Bring the ends together to form a thick circle.
- Place each circle on the baking pan.
- Brush each bagel with the remaining egg whites and sprinkle with the everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake on the top rack for 25 minutes or until bagels are slightly browned.
- Slice and serve