from Chickpea in the City.
Classic Cleveland Kraut Tuna Burgers
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 3 to 4
- ½ cup white onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cans 5oz. albacore tuna, drained
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of sprouted grain bread, processed into ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt (I used Siggi's Skyr Yogurt, plain)
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 medium tomato
- 3 sprouted whole wheat burger buns
- ¾ cup Cleveland Kraut (or kraut you have on hand)
- ¼ cup micro greens
- First begin by sauteeing your chopped white onions in 1 tbsp olive oil for about 5-10 minutes until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Next, combine your tuna, eggs, yogurt, homemade or store-bought breadcrumbs, oat flour and Old Bay together into a large bowl. Mix well.
- Form into 4 to 5 medium sized patties (about 3 inches wide) and place delicately onto pan coated in 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat. Cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Preheat oven to 400º and place burger buns in the oven for 5 minutes to toast.
- Cut your tomato into thin slices and place on top of your tuna burgers with a sprinkle of micro greens and ¼ cup of kraut onto each burger. Place each tuna burger onto a bun, eat and enjoy!