Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Fresh from the sea and flavored with loads of lemon, these scallops could not be easier to make. Skewered and placed on the grill to get that perfect char, all that’s left to do add a bit of zesty flare with a four-ingredient Lemon Chive Butter for a gourmet weeknight meal.
- 1 stick softened unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. sliced chives
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 ½ lbs. of fresh scallops, foot removed
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your grill between 450°F and 550°F.
- In a bowl, mix together the butter, parsley, chives, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper until completely combined. Keep cool in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Pat the scallops dry on all sides with paper towels and skewer 6-8 scallops with a wooden or metal skewer on the right side of the scallops. Next, skewer the left side of the scallops so they are easy to flip and move.
- Drizzle the olive oil onto both sides of the scallops and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the scallops onto a hot grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until they have reached medium to medium-well internally and show dark grill marks externally. Remove from the grill.
- Serve the scallops with the lemon chive butter.