This post was created by Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift. This recipe was inspired by Heinen’s What’s for Dinner?, a weekly meal guide with simple ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
If you’re looking for a quick, easy and healthy weeknight dinner option, Heinen’s has you covered with this Orange Stir Fry Beef – another one of their What’s for Dinner featured recipes. With lean sirloin, fresh vegetables and brown rice, it’s protein-packed, full of fiber and totally satisfying. It’s also easy to customize. You can swap in Gerber’s chicken breast tenders for the beef, or make it meatless by doubling up on the vegetables and adding tofu or edamame.
Thanks to a couple pre-prepped ingredients, a flavorful sauce and heat-and-eat rice, this dinner practically cooks itself (and only requires one pan!). Brown a package of Heinen’s beef stir fry strips, then toss in their fresh stir fry vegetables and some Two Brothers Mandarin Orange Sauce. Serve it over microwavable brown rice and you’ve got dinner on the table in about 15 minutes!
- Cook time:
- Total time:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 package Heinen’s Beef Stir Fry Strips
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package of Heinen’s Recipe Ready Stir Fry Vegetables
- ½ cup Two Brothers Mandarin Orange Sauce
- 1-2 packages Uncle Ben’s microwavable brown rice
- ½ cup sliced green onions, optional
- In a large non-stick sauté pan or wok, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add beef strips and brown for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add vegetables and continue to cook until beef is cooked through and vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in mandarin orange sauce. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the sauce thickens; remove from heat.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Divide rice among bowls and top with stir fry. Garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.
Shopping online? Find and order everything needed for this recipe in the What’s For Dinner collection of our online store.