This simple prep-ahead, melt-in-your-mouth Overnight Ricotta Coffee Cake will make any morning or occasion extra special.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (8 oz) butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 oz) container Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- A dash of nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Grease bottom and sides of 13×9″ baking pan.
- In a bowl, blend flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter while gradually adding sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beat well until very fluffy.
- Add ricotta cheese, mix well. Slowly add flour a little at a time until well blended.
- Pour mixture into greased pan.
- Combine all topping ingredients and sprinkle over the batter.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- The next day, in a preheated oven, uncover coffee cake and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Cool for 15-20 minutes; serve warm.