This dinner just makes me feel good about myself. It’s clean, fresh and light; just the ticket for spring plans to lighten up and get moving after the long winter slog. If you serve the vegetables and fish hot on top of the greens they’ll wilt a little bit, but not to worry. They’re delicious that way as well.
Pan Roasted Wild Sockeye and Grilled Vegetables over Spring Greens
Start to finish: 20 minutes
Hands on time: 20 minutes
- Two 5 oz filets Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus 2 tablespoons
- 8 oz Grilled Vegetables from the Gourmet Case, warmed in the microwave for 1 minute
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 handfuls mixed spring greens or a mix with arugula or kale (I prefer the brand in the box)
*Can’t find an ingredient? Ask any Heinen’s associate and they’ll be happy to help.
- Salt and pepper the salmon filets.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and add the 1 tablespoon olive oil. When the oil shimmers, add the filets to the pan skin side down. Cook for 4 minutes and turn them over to cook the other side for another 3 minutes. Remove from the pan to a plate and allow them to cool slightly while you make the dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Whisk in the honey and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the greens and toss to dress the greens. Transfer the greens to two shallow serving bowls or plates and top with the warmed grilled vegetables and the salmon.