This recipe and photography were provided courtesy of local cookbook author and chef, Carla Snyder. Learn more about Carla and discover her recipes at Ravenouskitchen.com.
Cheesy and corny is just the way I like my corn! Finely-grated Parmesan cheese sticks beautifully to the fresh corn making this side dish the perfect balance of sweet and salty.
Parmesan Corn on the Cob
Start-to-Finish: 5 minutes
Hands-On Time: 5 minutes
Makes enough for 6 ears of corn
- 6 ears of corn
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. minced basil or parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook ears of corn. Here are a few simple methods.
- Melt butter and garlic in a small pan on the stove or in the microwave.
- Stir in the basil, salt, a few grinds of pepper and cayenne and brush over cooked corn.
- Sprinkle or roll cheese on all sides.