The following is a featured recipe in Heinen’s What’s For Dinner program, your solution to easy, delicious and convenient weeknight dinners. Photography provided by our partner, Cleveland Kitchen.
Everyone will be running to the table to take a bite of this Reuben. Made in just a few simple steps with deliciously cheesy pierogies and the famous locally-made Cleveland Kraut, this meal is equally easy, tasty and comforting!
- Sophie’s Potato and Cheddar Pierogies
- Brownberry Country White Bread
- Heinen’s Muenster Cheese
- Inglehoffer Stone Ground Mustard
- Cleveland Kraut Classic Caraway
- Warm pierogies in the microwave until heated through. Preheat griddle or saute pan.
- Using 2 slices of bread per sandwich. Lay the 2 slices of bread down and spread with mustard.
- Top the bread with 2 pierogies, cheese and kraut. Top with another slice of bread.
- Add butter to the heated pan. Grill the sandwich lightly by pressing down with a spatula, until the bread is grilled on both sides and the cheese is melted.
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.