The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
Peaches have been high on my “enjoy them before there gone” list this summer. I love to eat them out of hand, but place them on a slice of Heinen’s Pain Paillasse bread, and you’ve got a mouthwatering appetizer that’s designed for summer!
Even against the big flavors of deliciously spreadable whipped goat cheese and fig balsamic glaze, the sweetness of the peaches shines through!
The secret ingredient of this summer snack is Heinen’s raspberry pink lemonade, which I infused into the peaches. This idea came to me while I was dreaming of a refreshingly sweet summer beverage. So I figured, “why not try combining two of my favorite summer treats?” It turned out to be a game changer!
When making crostini, there’s nothing better, or more important, than the fluffy and crispy texture of fresh-baked bread. As I was perusing Heinen’s Bakery, I came across the loaves of Pain Paillasse, and boy, did I fall in love fast! You can buy their assortment of loaves fresh or frozen. Since I marinated the peaches overnight, I opted for the frozen variety so that I could bake the bread fresh the next day. When it comes time to bake, place the whole loaf in a 350˚F oven for 10 minutes to achieve a crispy exterior and soft interior. If you like crostini extra crispy, slice the loaf after it comes out of the oven, spray with Heinen’s olive oil and place back in the oven for another 10 minutes at 350˚F.
The best thing about this appetizer is that you can customize it to meet most dietary needs and taste preferences. For a vegan spin, I recommend substituting the Silver Goat cream cheese with Miyoko’s double cream classic chive cashew milk cheese. If you’re looking to add extra flavor, butter the bread slices with Heinen’s fresh churned honey butter before adding a layer of the whipped cream cheese.
I’ve made these for every summer get together this year and they’ve been devoured in no time!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 12 Crostini
- Fresh peaches, sliced
- 1 ½ cups Heinen’s raspberry lemonade
- 1 loaf of Heinen’s Pain Paillasse bread, fresh or frozen
- 6 oz. Silver Goat cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s extra virgin olive oil
- Heinen’s olive oil spray
- Pinch of salt
- Drizzle of Heinen’s fig balsamic glaze, for garnish
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- The day before making this recipe, marinate the sliced peaches in the raspberry lemonade overnight. Add the peaches to a jar, fill with the lemonade and place in the fridge overnight.
- When it’s time to make the crostini, preheat the oven to 350˚F. Place the whole loaf of Pain Paillasse bread on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and slice. For extra crispy texture, spray the slices with olive oil and place them back into the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Mix the goat cheese and olive oil together in a small bowl. Spread the mixture onto each slice of bread. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place a couple peaches on each slice of goat cheese-covered bread. Drizzle with Heinen’s fig balsamic glaze and sprinkle with fresh mint leaves.