The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
The weather is quickly changing in the Midwest, and this cozy Poached Pear Ricotta Toast will warm you right up.
Featuring Heinen’s artisan French bread sliced and slathered with freshly churned honey butter and topped with old fashioned ricotta cheese and poached pear slices, this is the toast with the most!
Don’t be intimidated by the idea of poaching pears, especially during pear season! It’s actually incredibly simple and adds a whole new level of texture and flavor that will impress all who try this toasty creation!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Stemilt pears
- 6-8 cups water
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s honey
- 4 Tbsp. Heinen’s freshly churned honey butter
- ½ cup Heinen’s raw walnuts, halves & pieces
- 1 cup Miceli’s old fashioned ricotta cheese
- 2-4 slices of Heinen’s French bread
- Lightly toast the slices of bread in a toaster or in your toaster oven until lightly browned.
- Spread a Tbsp. of Heinen’s freshly churned honey butter on each slice followed by some of the ricotta cheese. Use ¼ cup on each slice if making 4 servings, or ½ cup on each slice if making 2 servings.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add a cup of Heinen’s honey, followed by the pears. You can leave the skin on or remove it, I like to remove it so the honey absorbs into the flesh. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the pears for about 15 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Remove the pears and let them cool before slicing into wide, thin slices. Add the slices to the toast.
- In an oven-safe skillet on the stove, add a couple Tbsp. of Heinen’s honey butter. Let it melt, then add the walnuts. Toss the walnuts in the melted butter and let them toast for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally so they don’t burn. Place the skillet under the broiler on high for one minutes.
- Once the walnuts have cooled, give them a rough chop and sprinkle them over the each slice of toast.
- Drizzle with a little more of honey and enjoy!
- Optional: Place the toast in the oven under the broiler on low for a couple minutes to melt the ricotta and warm the toast.