- Prep time:
- Total time:
The mild flavor of Arctic Char picks up a smoky taste when wrapped with prosciutto. Serve it atop asparagus risotto for an easy dinner.
Four 6-oz Arctic Char fillets, skin removed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 thin slices prosciutto
2 tablespoons Heinen’s olive oil
1 package frozen Heinen’s Asparagus Risotto
1. Pat the fish dry and lightly sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Not too much salt because the prosciutto will be salty.
2. Wrap the prosciutto around the fish, 2 slices per fillet. Don’t worry if it doesn’t stick very well. It’ll contract and cling to the fish as it cooks. Set it aside.
3. Heat a 12-inch frying pan with a lid over medium-high heat and add the oil.
4. When it shimmers add the fish to the pan and brown it, about 2 minutes. Flip the fish over with a thin-edged spatula and cook the other side until browned, another minute. Transfer the fish to a plate. (It isn’t cooked through at this point.)
5. Add the risotto to the pan and cook according to package directions.
6. Top with the fish, cover, reduce the heat and cook for another 5 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork.
7. Mound the risotto onto 4 heated plates and top it with the fish and basil sprinkled over the top.
Recipe created by Chef Carla Snyder l Click here to print this recipe