Get inspired with our Quick Fix Meals! Ideas that are so simple, you don’t even need a recipe. Ready to enhance flavor and minimize effort at mealtime? We tapped into the expertise of local chef and cookbook author, Carla Snyder and local recipe developer, Abby Thome for tips and tricks for customizing each Quick Fix Meal to the preferences of anyone at the table.
It doesn’t have to be Tuesday to be Taquito Night. It’s the one night a week where everyone is happy to make their own taquito just the way they like, and it’s so easy! Simply prepare the basic taco meat and add fillings and sides to make it spectacular. How about Taquito Wednesday, Thursday and Friday too?
- Heinen’s Ground Beef
- Flour Tortillas
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Heinen's Scallion Cream Cheese
- Heinen's Guacamole or Sliced avocado
- Canned and Heated Refried Beans
- Sliced, Pickled Jalapeno
- Chips and Salsa (on the side)
- Grilled Corn on the Cob Sprinkled with Cotija Cheese and Cilantro (on the side)
- Halved Grape Tomatoes Sprinkled with Lime Juice (on the side)
- Cilantro Lime Rice (A Bag of Frozen White Rice Sprinkled with Fresh Lime Juice and Chopped Cilantro)
- Sour Cream or Queso Fresco
- Lots of Lime Wedges, for squeezing
- Icy Beer and Margaritas (for adults) and Fizzy Lemonade (for the kids)
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
- Cook the ground beef and divide it amongst the tortillas.
- Top with shredded cheese and salsa and roll up the tortillas.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Add more salsa to the top of the taquitos or serve it on the side for dipping.