Get inspired with our Quick Fix Meals! Ideas that are so simple, you don’t even need a recipe. Ready to enhance flavor and minimize effort at mealtime? We tapped into the expertise of local chef and cookbook author, Carla Snyder and local recipe developer, Abby Thome for tips and tricks for customizing each Quick Fix Meal to the preferences of anyone at the table.
If there’s anything tastier than pizza, it’s a calzone, which is just a pizza folded like a turnover.
The calzone’s shape is definitely superior. With all that gooey cheese, tomato sauce and chicken stuffed inside, everything stays nice and hot making them much less messy to eat and easier to stuff with all of your favorite fillings.
- Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- Marinara Sauce
- Pizza Dough
- Pepperoni, Diced Ham and Cooked Sausage
- Shredded Fontina, Monterrey Jack, Fresh Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese
- Broccoli, Red and Green Peppers, Thinly Sliced Onion, Sliced Mushrooms
- Pickled Banana Peppers, Jalapenos, Roasted Red Pepper, Olives and Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- Ricotta Cheese (to the filling) with Marinara Sauce (for dipping)
- Serve with an Heinen's Premade Italian, Caprese or Caesar Salad (on the side)
- French Onion Soup (on the side)
- Frozen French Fries or Onion Rings (on the side)
- Roll out the pizza dough into a medium-size circle.
- Spread a layer of marinara sauce on top of the dough, followed by a layer of shredded chicken and Mozzarella cheese.
- Fold one half of the pizza dough over the other to form a half circle. Seal the edges by applying pressure with a fork.
- Bake in the oven at 350˚F until the dough is lightly golden and the cheese is melted.