Get inspired with our Quick Fix Meals! Ideas that are so simple, you don’t even need a recipe. Ready to enhance flavor and minimize effort at mealtime? We tapped into the expertise of local chef and cookbook author, Carla Snyder for tips and tricks for customizing each Quick Fix Meal to the preferences of anyone at the table.
Who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner? Chicken and waffles are a Southern diner classic with crispy, juicy chicken, fluffy, buttery waffles and sweet maple drizzle.
It may sound crazy, but once you try it, you’ll quickly learn that chicken and waffles are one of those super quick suppers that’s sure to satisfy hungry kids and parents.
- Frozen breaded chicken breast or tenders
- Frozen waffles
- Maple syrup
- Mike’s Hot Honey
- Frozen vegetables or fresh fruit
- Corn on the cob
- Red beans and rice
- A fried egg
- Hash browns
- Sautéed greens
- Drizzle of Frank’s Hot Sauce, if you like your chicken extra spicy
- A berry salad with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar
Prepare frozen chicken and waffles according to package directions. Top with maple syrup, hot sauce and/or any combination of flavorful additions that you desire. Serve with a side of your favorite fruits or vegetables.
Alternative Serving Suggestions
- Add cheese and heat in a skillet to make a grilled cheese chicken waffle sandwich.
- Quarter the chicken and waffles to make sliders.
- Add lettuce, tomato and bacon to make a BLT chicken waffle sandwich.