Get inspired with our Quick Fix Meals! Ideas that are so simple, you don’t even need a recipe. Ready to enhance flavor and minimize effort at mealtime? We tapped into the expertise of local chef and cookbook author, Carla Snyder and local recipe developer, Abby Thome for tips and tricks for customizing each Quick Fix Meal to the preferences of anyone at the table.
A Club Sandwich is one of the most iconic sandwiches of all time. Ham, bacon and turkey are layered with juicy tomatoes, crisp lettuce and cheddar cheese to create the perfect meal.
The classic Club has three layers of bread separating the ham sandwich from the turkey, but if you’d like to cut the carbs, use only two layers of bread. For the most delicious version of a Club Sandwich, toast the thinly sliced bread and spread with a light layer of butter before layering on the sub sauce, meats and veggies. Yum!
- Two Brothers Deli Meat
- Fresh Bakery Bread
- Heinen’s Submarine Sauce
- Sliced Cheese
- Fresh Lettuce
- Sliced Sourdough or Rosemary Bread
- Salt and Pepper the Tomatoes
- A Layer of Basil Pesto on the Bread
- Red Onion or Avocado
- French Fries or Onion Rings (on the side)
- Dill Pickle Spears (on the side)
- Heinen's Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad or Coleslaw (on the side)
- Potato Chips (on the side)
- Fresh Watermelon or Berries (on the side)
- Spread a layer of Heinen’s Submarine Sauce on a piece of bread.
- Add a piece or two of deli meat followed by layers of sliced cheese, bacon and fresh lettuce.
- Spread a layer of Heinen’s Submarine Sauce on another piece of bread and place it on the sandwich. Add another layer of deli meat followed by additional layers of sliced cheese, bacon and fresh lettuce.
- Spread a layer of Heinen’s Submarine Sauce on one last piece of bread and add it to the top of the sandwich.
- Slice the sandwich into your desired shape and serve.