Get inspired with our Quick Fix Meals! Ideas that are so simple, you don’t even need a recipe. Ready to enhance flavor and minimize effort at mealtime? We tapped into the expertise of local chef and cookbook author, Carla Snyder for tips and tricks for customizing each Quick Fix Meal to the preferences of anyone at the table.
Heaven just might be meaty sausage and velvety peppers and onions bathed in marinara and served on a crusty roll. Sauté up peppers, onions and sausage in a little oil in a skillet and then simmer in marinara till hot. Spicy or mild sausage is your choice to make, but you can’t go wrong when serving up this Italian classic for dinner, lunch or even breakfast. Can you hear the angels sing?
- Italian Sausage Links
- Red, Green and or Yellow Peppers
- Marinara Sauce
- Crusty Italian Bread, French Bread or Roll
- Provolone Cheese
- French Fries, Onion Rings or Tater Tots
- Cole Slaw, Pasta Salad or Potato Salad
- Caesar Salad or Caprese Salad
Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add veggies and toss to coat, stirring often. Add sausage and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and cover until peppers are soft and sausages are fully cooked. Serve with warm marinara on a roll, or with crusty bread on the side.
Alternate Serving Suggestions
- Place onions and peppers with a drizzle of oil in a foil packet and grill along with sausages for a no-pan meal.
- Serve sliced sausage, onion and peppers over polenta, rice or noodles.