Get inspired with our Quick Fix Meals! Ideas that are so simple, you don’t even need a recipe. Ready to enhance flavor and minimize effort at mealtime? We tapped into the expertise of local chef and cookbook author, Carla Snyder for tips and tricks for customizing each Quick Fix Meal to the preferences of anyone at the table.
Try this light and tasty taco salad for your next Taco Tuesday!
Spicy ground beef, crunchy lettuce, cheese and salsa are the basics, but what we love about taco salad are the extras that can be added for even more flavor and punch. Olé!
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded Mexican 4 cheese blend
- Grape tomatoes
- Avocado or guacamole
- Crumbled corn chips
- Canned or frozen thawed corn
- Olives, green chilies or pickled jalapeños
- Catalina or Ranch dressing
- Sour cream or queso fresco
- Cilantro and sunflower seeds or pepitas
Cook ground beef over the stove and add the taco seasoning. Add the ground beef to a bowl with shredded lettuce, shredded Mexican cheese blend, salsa and additional toppings of choice.
Alternative Serving Suggestions
- Swap the lettuce for rice, quinoa, farro or lentils and make it a bowl.
- Use black beans or kidney beans instead of beef for a vegetarian version.
- Use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef.