- Prep time:
- Total time:
1 tablespoon Heinen’s vegetable oil
1 package Recipe Ready Stir Fry Vegetables
6-oz small shrimp, peeled and veined
6-oz sea scallops
1 package Saffron Road Red Curry Simmer Sauce
Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
Two Brothers’ Honey Lime Sriracha Sauce, optional
Steam-in-the-bag frozen microwave rice
Lime wedges, optional
1. Heat a 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat and add the oil.
2. When it shimmers, add the vegetables, stirring every now and then for about 2 minutes or until they begin to soften.
3. Stir in shrimp and scallops and toss, stirring 3 minutes or until the seafood begins to look opaque.
4. Stir in the curry simmer sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat so that it just bubbles slightly and cook for another 3 minutes or until the shrimp and scallops are cooked through.
5. Add some of the lime juice and taste for seasoning, adding more salt, pepper, or sriracha sauce if desired.
6. While the curry cooks, heat the microwave rice as the directed on the package.
7. Mound the hot rice onto four heated shallow bowls, ladle over the curry, and sprinkle the tops with cilantro, with lime wedges on the side for more zing.
Recipe created by Chef Carla Snyder l Click here to print this recipe