The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
There’s no better way to celebrate the Fourth of July than with a refreshing Red White & Blue Mule.
It’s a classic Moscow mule with a patriotic twist. Thanks to Heinen’s selection of summer fruit and locally grown herbs, adding fresh flavor and beautiful garnishes is a breeze!
Interested in making this recipe? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.
Red White & Blue Mule
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 oz. vodka
- 8 oz. ginger beer
- Juice of 1 lime
- 6-8 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries, whole
- Sprig of mint, for garnish
- Lime wedge, for garnish
- Watermelon star and berry skewer, for garnish
- Half all of the ingredients, except for the garnishes, and add them to two separate glasses.
- Before adding ice, muddle the berries into the vodka and ginger beer using the backside of a spoon.
- Give the mint a good slap between your hands and add it to the glasses. Slapping the leaves helps release the aromatics of the mint.
- Top with fresh ice and stir.
- Cut out the watermelon stars and stack them on long toothpicks with a few blueberries.
- Garnish the cocktail with the fruit toothpicks, mint and lime wedges. Enjoy!