This recipe was adapted from Wild Alaska Seafood.
Roasted Cod with Kale Pesto
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 wild cod fillets (5 to 6 oz. each), fresh, thawed or frozen
Kale Pesto Sauce
- 3 cups loosely packed kale leaves
- 1/2 cup toasted nuts (pecans, walnuts, cashews, or macadamia nuts)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup parmesan Reggiano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s extra virgin olive oil
- Trim and cut kale from stem and center rib; place in blender or food processor.
- To toast the nuts, place in sauté pan over medium heat (you could also toast them in a toaster oven).
- Cook until nuts are brown and toasty, shaking the pan every so often.
- Place toasted nuts, garlic, cheese, salt, lemon zest and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in blender.
- Puree; slowly drizzle oil into mixture until it is as smooth as you like it.
- Season to taste.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Rinse frozen cod under cold water to remove any ice glaze; pat dry with paper towel.
- Rub 1 tablespoon of pesto onto each fillet, reserving about 2 tablespoons pesto.
- Place seafood on spray-coated pan or foil-lined baking sheet and roast for 12 to 15 minutes for frozen cod or 10 minutes for fresh/thawed fish.
- Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
- To serve, top with reserved pesto.