Scrambled Egg and Chicken Breakfast Burritos
- 6-8 Tortilla wraps (we like Maria & Ricardo’s found by the butter, or Rudi’s Plain Tortillas found in the frozen gluten-free section at Heinen’s. 8-10 inch tortillas work the best. Corn tortillas don’t wrap and freeze well.)
- 6 Pasture eggs
- 1 Package Applegate Chicken & Maple or Pork Sausage
- 1 cup of shredded cheese of choice (Dairy-free option: Follow Your Heart American Cheese)
- 1/2 cup of peppers or spinach chopped, finely
- Aluminum Foil
- Scramble eggs in 2 TBSP of butter. Set aside and let cool completely.
- Chop frozen sausage and set aside.
- Place a tortilla on top of an aluminum foil square.
- Sprinkle about 2 TBSP of cheese onto the tortilla. Top the cheese with spinach or peppers, followed by 2 TBSP of scrambled eggs.
- Roll the burrito tightly by folding the sides in first, then rolling up. Wrap the burrito in foil, & repeat. Freeze the burritos. When you are ready to make them in the morning, unwrap and microwave for 1 minute or place in the toaster oven at 350° F for 12-15 minutes.
Recipe and Photography Courtesy of Lauren Egger