- Prep time:
- Total time:
Riced butternut squash & black beans with butter and Chipotle Orange seasoning top steamed sea bass (halibut) in this easy recipe that’s perfect for a weeknight.
1 package Recipe Ready Butternut Rice
One 15-oz can black beans, rinsed and dried
1 tablespoon Heinen’s Chipotle Orange Seasoning
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/3 cup melted butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 pieces of aluminum foil, 15-inches square
Four 6-oz sea bass fillets
1. Place a large baking sheet on the bottom rack of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the butternut rice, beans, chipotle seasoning, lemon juice, butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper, and blend together with a fork.
3. Fold the foil squares in half. Season the fish with salt and pepper and place it on the opened foil close to the crease. Top the fish with about 1/2 cup of the vegetable mixture. Fold the foil over the fish to enclose it and fold and crimp the edges to seal it.
4. Repeat the process with the remaining fish and vegetables. Any leftover vegetables can be enclosed in foil and baked along as extras.
5. Carefully place the packages directly on the hot baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Remove the packages from the oven and place them on serving plates at the table. Be careful when opening as the steam can be hot as it escapes the package.
Recipe created by Chef Carla Snyder l Click here to print this recipe