Adapted from Sally Roeckell
Simple Smoothie Bowl
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 Cup Heinen’s frozen mixed berries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 Cup Heinen’s unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 Cup Heinen’s fresh spinach
- Nutritional Roots supplement of choice (optional)
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Heinen's fresh ground nut butter
- Nut milks
- Add berries, bananas and spinach to a high-speed blender.
- If adding a Nutritional Roots supplement, open capsule and dump contents into blender.
- Blend on low until the mixture resembles coarse pebbles.
- Scrape down the sides frequently, ensuring that the blade has stopped before you start scraping.
- Slowly add almond milk while blending slowly, continuing to scrape sides until the mixture resembles soft serve.
- Place smoothie into a bowl and add desired toppings (see list above for inspiration.)